May 11, 2008


The truest love that ever heart
Felt at its kindled core
Did through each vein, in quickened start
The tide of being pour

Her coming was my hope each day
Her parting was my pain
The chance that did her steps delay
Was ice in every vein

I dreamed it would be nameless bliss
As I loved, loved to be
And to this object did I press
As blind as eagerly

But wide as pathless was the space
That lay our lives between
And dangerous as the foamy race
Of ocean-surges green

And haunted as a robber-path
Through wilderness or wood
For Might and Right and Woe and Wrath
Between our spirits stood

The dangers I dared, I hindrance scorned
I omens did defy
Whatever menaced, harassed, warned
I passed impetuous by

On sped my rainbow, fast as light
I flew as in a dream
For glorious rose upon my sight
The child of Shower and Gleam

Still bright and on clouds of suffering dim
Shines that soft, solemn joy
Nor care I now, how dense and grim
Disasters gather nigh

I care not in this moment sweet
Through all I have rushed o'er
Should come on pinion, strong and fleet
Proclaiming vengeance sore

Though Haughty hate should strike me down
Right, bar approach to me
And grinding Might, with furious frown
Swear endless enmity

My love has placed her little hand
With noble faith in mine
And vowed that wedlock's sacred band
Our nature shall entwine

My love has sworn, with sealing kiss
With me to love- to die
I have at last my nameless bliss
As I love- loved am I



P/s---->> NOPE...i did not write this. hehe...i just found it really interesting and sweet while i was reading "JANE EYRE".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gave me a shock while I was reading through this poem, and bout 2nd stanza through I was already set on complimenting (what I thought was) your poem. Until I got to your note at the end. haha.

I thought you might've studied poetry and that you've developed such great style. nonetheless, your choice of poetry deserves a kudos! The poem is marvellous.

tc!
since u know how to pick this poem, you'll know that love comes with its costs. You'll have to pay with your patience if you want the spoils. Same goes to Corey... (and me) lol